There are a lot of books out there. Books about literally anything you can think of. Books about princesses and dragons, books about alternate universes or books about history and its impact. Through all the millions of books in the world though, I tried to narrow it down to 5 books that might inspire you. Not in any particular way, meaning one might inspire you to love more and one might inspire you to speak your mind. All the same, inspiration is where we find the creativity in how we live. It’s as if all of our minds can experience the same thing in different ways. So here we go.
- The Bible: whether you believe the words the Bible says or not- it’s known to be one of the greatest pieces of literature of all time. You can’t deny that Jesus was a cool dude who was kind to the people who least deserved it and had a heart of gold. The wisdom the Bible speaks will inspire you to believe, to hope, to have faith, an most importantly, to love.
- A Light in The Attic by Shel Silverstein: Growing up to Shel Silverstein, his poems always made me laugh, cry AND inspired me. This book among his others have poems that inspire you to be okay with who you are and that being different is so good for the world. His poems inspire laugher and always make a heart feel full.
- The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis: This book is so intriguing. It looks behind the scenes into the Devil’s schemes- and especially to the One who overcame them all.
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin: This book is about an epiphany Gretchen had one day and will inspire you live your life in joy!
- A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway: On the more somber side of literature but inspiring all the same. This romance novel allows you to dig deep into your soul and find yourself even within the heartbreak love can bring.